Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Random Posting

There is no book associated with this post. Instead, some general observations.
I've loved to read for as long as I can remember. I'm a fast reader. A really good book can suck me in and I will neglect all else in the world to read a little more.
Although I'm ahead of the book-a-week pace I need to keep to finish this goal of 52 books in 52 weeks, I'm already seeing a few ill effects.
Sometimes, I feel like I should be reading only to keep myself on track. I hate feeling like reading might ever be a chore. After I finished books 9 and 10, I deliberately took a day off from reading. I needed to do other things. I needed to not feel as if I HAD to read.
Of course, I missed it within a few hours, but I still found other things to do. I've realized I can't let reading become a substitute for other things. It has to be something I can always enjoy. At the same time, reading is almost a compulsion for me, but it has to be things I'm enthralled with.
So, I'm trying to balance this goal with real life and work and all else that comes with it. And I'm enjoying Book 12,.. so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment